Teachable moments can come from a wide variety of sources, including other parents. From time to time parents write blogs for us that we think you will find interesting, useful, or entertaining. Please enjoy this post from a fellow parent.
As a parent, I’ve been amazed over the years of some of the things that have come out of my mouth. Sometimes I’m shocked by what I will say in a moment of pure frustration or moments where I have just totally given up on the “right way” to address a situation with my children. But, sometimes I will stop myself and just laugh at the pure humor in some of the things that I actually have said to my children.
This hit me a few years back and I start to catalog all of the things I now say because I’m a parent. This is my Top 10 List:
- “Why is there ranch dressing on your feet?”
- “I think a car seat in the big wheel is a little overkill.”
- “I’m not sure a Sandhill Crane is an appropriate thing to carve into a pumpkin…but whatever.”
- “If you were wearing underwear, that wouldn’t have happened.”
- “Harmonica is NOT a Jewish holiday.”
- “When there are ants on it, you don’t eat it!”
- “Sometimes you just have to sleep in your own pee. “
- “Lizards have feelings too.”
- “Your baby sister is a person, not a toy!”
- “Quit licking the fence.”
I’ve heard some pretty entertaining things from other parents. We’d love for you to share your favorite “Things I Never Thought I Would Say Until I Was A Parent” quotes here or on our Facebook page.
Can’t wait to see what you share!